4.04.2013

Countdown to Casts-Off! 4-3-2-1-0

Today there are only 4 days left until the casts come off!  

Today on (insert echoing voice)...

Day 4 of the Countdown to Casts-Off!

I am thankful for...

A Stronger Back! 

You read that right...a stronger back!  Before we brought Lily home  a little less than 3 years ago, I was having issues with the middle of my back going out occasionally.  I was very concerned that it would happen in China when I needed to be carrying her.  



Praise God!  It did not!  In the process of carrying Lily everywhere in the front carrier my back seemed to only improve rather than worsen.

However, when we began the process of adopting Joshua and I saw that he was much heavier than Lily, I became a little concerned about my back again. 



 I prayed about it and made sure I worked it out well at the gym in the months preceding his joining us (gym, oh gym...wherefore art thou, gym?  I miss those days.  Maybe this summer?  I digress.).  

Anyhow, add the casts and having to lift Joshua onto everything...including the potty more times than I can count in a day...and, well, I wasn't so sure how my back would take to the extra strain.

Guess what?!  God allowed my back to get stronger rather than go out!  Yippee!  Initially, I had to remind myself to lift him with my legs (squats!) and tighten my abs, and above all not lift from my lower back.  Now, it seems to be habit.

I actually will miss this part of his wearing casts.  It has been good exercise and strength building for me since I haven't been able to get to the gym regularly ...since I went to China.  

In all things, give thanks!

In Him,







No comments:

Post a Comment