2.25.2011

Tree Silhouettes

This is a tell myself the truth post.

What do I mean by that?

Well, we are a homeschooling family. That means I am a homeschooling mom (duh!).

Wrapped up in that simple statement of the obvious is a boatload of...stuff. In that boatload of stuff is a heavy load of Am-I-Accomplishing-Anything Complex.

As I stood in my kitchen at 4pm this afternoon with school still going on even for the youngest ones, my mind sat in that part of the boat. For awhile. My self-imposed "extras" checklist had too many blanks for my comfort level and I was mourning a week of not meeting my own standards.

Thankfully, that's when the Holy Spirit spoke some Truth.

Who created my schedule? Me.

Who can flex my schedule? Me...and the Lord.

Did we really not accomplish anything? No.

And then He took me to Tuesday. We actually did a science & art combo! Thankfully, I have the evidence with which to remind myself.

Next, He reminded me that art project or no art project, I am His and He directs my steps even if they are not the steps I would have necessarily chosen for my self.

LORD, I know that people’s lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps. Jeremiah 10:23

Aaahh!

So here is what we did Tuesday afternoon...Tree Silhouettes recommended by Barb at Handbook of Nature Study. The actual project is explained here.








In Him,

No comments:

Post a Comment