6.15.2011

Part 6: Looking for Lily...found Lovable Luke

If you are just joining me for How God Brought Us to Luke, and thinking: Part ???? Please go to this page and start at the top. Trust me...it will all make more sense when you start there!

February 15, 2011, has become a special day for us. Not because of anyone's birthday or anniversary, but because it is the day we first saw Luke.

According to my email inbox, it is the day I received an email from a fellow adoptive mom who had been with us in China. She had adopted 2 little boys while we were in China bringing virtual triplet boys into her life (she had a 3-year-old son at home)! One of her sons is from the same orphanage as Lily, so she and I have kept in touch sporadically through the parents of children from Shantou Yahoo group.

She emailed me because I had sent her a message saying I had a question for her. In her response she mentioned that she thought she had seen Lily's picture on Love Without Boundaries blog sometime back.

Well, I am sure you can guess what I did with that tidbit! I went looking, of course!

But, I never did find Lily.

Instead, I got stuck on the post from February 1, 2011..."Lovable Luke"

The moment I saw his face I broke down in tears.


I read the post and I wish I could say I jumped without reservation into pursuing his file; but, in all honesty, I said, "Lord, no, that is too hard."

Kevin was at my side. His response?

"If he is ours, the Lord will give us the grace we need."

And, I walked away from the computer. Part of me knowing I had just seen my son.

In Him,


No comments:

Post a Comment