5.21.2011

Lily's Dedication to the Lord

This past Sunday, a little over a year after we first saw her sweet face, we dedicated Lily to the Lord and committed ourselves to raise her according to Deuteronomy 6:5-9.

5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

Ultimately, it will be her heart's choice to take my Jesus as her Jesus, my Savior as her Savior, my Friend as her Friend, my Hope as her Hope. I pray that the Lord would pour out His abundant grace on this sinner turned saint so that my daughter...truly all of my children...would see displayed in their Mama a love for my God Who is more desirable than any other person or thing. And that they would want Him too.

The video is a little long, but it is a memorial stone for us.

And in it, Kevin gets to share some of his heart.




Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the gift of Lily. We know she is Yours at at that we are Your stewards who are caring for Your treasure. Equip us for this blessing...

In Him,

No comments:

Post a Comment