5.27.2011

How God Brought Us to Luke...the Prologue: Rumblings, continued

If you are just joining me in my How God Brought Us to Luke series, and thinking: Part ???? Please go to this page and start at the top. Trust me...it will all make more sense when you start there!


“Life is too short and eternity is too long.”

This rumbling came repeatedly through the mouth of my husband. Since adopting Lily, it has been like we see the world and our circumstances through totally different glasses.

God has been impressing upon our hearts that we have but one life to live…and it is oh, so brief. We tend to think we have so much time, but in the light of eternity our lives are but a breath. So short. And in that short, one-breath of time…I have the opportunity to live my life…or not…in such a way that it brings glory to Him. 1 Corinthians 3: 12-15 says that I have the opportunity to build on the foundation of my salvation with either wood, hay, and stubble (that which is perishable, will burn when tested in the fire…is truly nothing...using my life for my glory instead of God's) or I can build with gold, silver, and costly stones which will only become more radiant when passed through His fire.

And then? Then I will get to take those treasures and hand them to my King. For His glory! For His praise! (Revelation 4:9-11)

Oh, that I will have much to give Him in that day. That I won’t be found empty handed.

I don’t want to get to that day and look back and see what I could have done for my Savior. I don’t want to wish I had lived my life more for His glory and less for my comfort.

I don’t want to just read about the amazing things God has done in and through other saints. I want to write my own story with Him.

I want my life to bring glory to Him now and tomorrow and the next day and every day until He brings me home.


Wherever that takes us…

In Him,


No comments:

Post a Comment