3.09.2011

Children of God




Yes! Yes! Yes!

This video encapsulates so much of what the Lord has spoken to my heart through our adoption of Lily Rose.

It expresses why I named this blog Adopted and Appointed.

Yes, Lily is adopted. And with everything in me I know that she was appointed by God to be in our family. I believe He has planned, ordained and appointed her life purposefully.

Those were the "first fruits" of a larger and, yet, more personal truth.

So much of what He wanted to teach me through the process of adopting Lily and now living out our lives together has been that I am adopted by my heavenly Father and He has appointed me both to His family through His Son and to good works that He planned out long in advance for me to walk in (Ephesians 1 & 2).

So, the name of this blog has double meaning. It not only reflects my earnestness about Lily's life, but also my gratitude to my Father for adopting me and appointing me...and every other person purchased by the blood of Christ.

Some days I still can't believe it and it makes it all the more precious. Praise God...for it is written!

....He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will— to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that He lavished on us...Ephesians 1:6-8a



In Him,

2 comments:

  1. Amen!!
    Do you mind if I post that video on my blog too, Mandy. I'd sure like to share that with my readers as well. I never saw it before.
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love for you to share it! I am sure Third Day and many kids wouldn't mind either! This video just grabs my heart!

    ReplyDelete