7.19.2010

You have not because you ask not!

For the last several days I've been praying about whether or not to post this prayer request. My reluctance has been that I know with a deep confidence that God has planned, appointed, and ordained the exact date on which He will put Lily in our arms. He's been walking us step by step closer to the day He foreknows and "no plan of Yours can be thwarted (Job 42:2)." He's going to do what He's going to do and His ways are so wonderful that I want what He wants even if it isn't what I originally think is best, but...

So, very often He gives us the desires of our hearts (Psalm 37:4)!

This morning, as I read Jon Courson's devotion A Day's Journey, the Lord spoke to my heart: "Post the prayer request. You have not because you ask not [let others pray,too!]" I've been praying privately and have mentioned it to some friends and family, and I believe the answer is on its way, but I think He wants me to ask all of you to pray, too. He has a purpose in asking each of you to pray with us. I believe He has something He wants to say or show to you, too, as you pray with and for us. And He has something for me and for my family in the answer, as well.

Pray. For as you grab the lever of prayer with the hand of faith, one of two things will happen: blessings, healing, the working of God will come down upon you--or else the lever will yank you up into heaven where you'll hear your Father say, 'Now that I've got your attention, I don't want you healed because it is in your weakness that My strength will flow through you.'

Brothers and sisters, pray 3 times, 30 times, 300 times until you either get the answer you're asking for or you hear the Father say, 'No, and here's why...' Don't settle for anything less.
A Day's Journey, July 19

So, what is the prayer request? The plan for some time has been to have our two oldest children with us when we travel to China. We have been told that the trip will take place "in August." Our son is scheduled to begin his college classes on Monday, August 23rd. These will be his first classes ever in a collegiate setting and everyone we've spoken with advises against his missing the first few. As the days go by, the likelihood of our being able to go and be back before his classes start seems to be fading.

The specific request is that, if it is the Lord's will, we would be able to travel and be back from China before Aug. 23 so that our son could go without missing any classes.

That means we would have to get Travel Approval ASAP (today, this week). In human bureaucratic terms, that is highly unlikely (if not impossible). The average wait would put it coming between July 26 and Aug. 9 which would put actual travel beginning between Aug. 9 and 23 (by my calculations...I could be misunderstanding something!), which would not get us back in time for him to make classes.

But with God nothing is impossible! And as Job said in the beginning of Job 42:2: "I know that You can do all things..." Kevin and I watched a movie called Faith Like Potatoes a few days ago. In it the main character says: “The condition for a miracle is difficulty, however the condition for a great miracle is not difficulty, but impossibility.”

So I am praying for a miracle...perhaps a great miracle...Travel Approval this week, but I am also praying for not my will but His will be done and that He would get the glory always!

Would you pray, too?

In Him,

No comments:

Post a Comment