3.10.2013

While We Were in Philly



We haven't had snow here in...well, in Kevin's opinion, ages.  I personally don't mind that much at all.

Snow for me equals lots of work. 

Call me a party-pooper, wet blanket, whatever.  Snow means I have to dig out the snow pants, boots, gloves, hats, sleds for at least 3, usually 4, children.  Dig out because we get snow so very rarely, that most of these items are buried away in labeled bins (Ha!  That is until the kids decide to pretend it's snowing...that's how rarely we get it...and play dress up with them or decide to wear them even though it's 45 degrees outside and sunny.)  

I am sure that if I lived in upper NY, we'd have a wonderful system to accommodate the use of snow items.  But we don't....so I don't.

Hence snow adds to my work.  (Totally selfish, I know.  I've confessed.)

NOT this time, though!  When our area was in the bull's eye for Winter Storm Saturn, Kevin & I were in rainy Philadelphia with Joshua.

My wonderful mother-in-law did, however, get the task.   I left Tuesday evening with a few suggestions as to where the snow clothes could be, and she made it happen.

Here are some of the pictures Emma took while I was gone...



Ally & Lily building a snowman with some neighborhood friends

The girls all had a blast and finally got to play in the snow.  And, now, all I have to do is pack the snow clothes away...for our next good snow.  I'm guessing sometime in 2014!

In Him,



No comments:

Post a Comment