6.17.2010

One Green piece of paper closer!

Yea! Today we received yet another official-looking green piece of paper (there have been several). It is our I-800 Provisional Approval. So, we are one step closer. Yippee! Now the National Visa Center has to process this paperwork (it came from USCIS--US Citizenship and Immigration Services--which is part of the Dept. of Homeland Security). The NVC will then cable it to the US Consulate in China (another date I get to mark down on our timeline...really just helps me feel like time is passing and we are getting closer!). After that, the US Consulate will issue the Article 5 two to two & a half weeks later and then we are on to waiting for Travel Approval.

In case you're really curious or need something to put you to sleep at night...the I-800 Provisional Approval says that USCIS "has provisionally approved your Form I-800, Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative, that you filed on behalf of Ji Han Li, child habitually resident in The People's Republic of China, whom you intend to adopt under the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption (Hague Adoption Convention)."

It goes on from there for several paragraphs, but I'm sure sleep has taken over already! I hear some of you yawning...really it is exciting for us...I promise! I'm doing a happy dance right now!

In Him,

No comments:

Post a Comment